For over 35 years Tim has been creating beautiful, intelligent, and ecologically sensitive homes, first as a builder and craftsperson, and since 1991 as a Project Architect with SALA Architects, Inc. Finding common sense yet inspiring solutions to challenging design problems of all types is a trademark of Tim’s evolving practice. Part of that ongoing evolution is Tim’s continuing focus on designing energy efficient structures that use fewer materials and use them wisely for each project he undertakes.
Before receiving a Master of Architecture from the University of Minnesota in 1991 Tim received a B.S. in Fine Arts from the University of Wisconsin in Madison in 1978. Since 1994 Tim has taught at the University of Minnesota College of Design as an Adjunct Assistant professor in the School of Architecture.
Teaching and Speaking
* Science Museum of Minnesota, Lecturer – 1993–1994
* University of Minnesota CALA, Adjunct Assistant Professor – 1993–present
* University of Minnesota Extension, Lecturer – 1991–1994, 1996-1997
Honors and Grants
* Diverse Visions Grant, sponsored by Intermedia Arts and funded by the National Endowment for the Arts, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the Warhol Foundation – 1993
* Graduate School Fellowship, University of Minnesota – 1988